Minutes

Jaguar Spirit Booster Club Meeting – September 13, 2016

 

Meeting was called to order at 7:07pm by President Kristin Belcher and quorum was established.

Welcome – President Kristin Belcher welcomed everyone and introduced Lita Karjanis, the new administrator for the cheer program.

Acceptance of April Minutes – Minutes were reviewed and acceptance of the minutes was asked. 1st motion by Stephanie Quinn, 2nd Kristie Pelham, minutes passed.

Treasurer – Lynne Fleming was not in attendance, so Kristin reviewed treasurer report and went over the Audit Report. Motion to accept - Michelle Morris, 2nd - Jeannie Goodin. Budget passed.

FundraisingJunior Jag (Leslie Dietrich) will be on September 17th. Jr. Jags will cheer at the September 29th game. Have about 80 registrations. Flip Dog donated 200 poms. Pomming (Kim Kerner) have collected about $400 from the first 3 games. Reminder to double check for donations. Six new wooden cheerleaders have been made and are being painted by the Art Club. Silent Auction (Michelle Morris) NEED DONATIONS!! Donation list and forms were emailed to everyone. Michelle reminded everyone that this is a great fund raiser and that we will need a new committee chair next year. Sponsorship (Shelly Mungiguera) sponsorship shirts are coming soon; cheerleaders will be getting together to put sponsorship gift bags together. Spirit Wear (Gina Brown) Volunteers are need for Friday lunch sales - contact Gina if you are available.

Varsity Update – All good.   Need Senior Night (10/28) announcement information.

JV – All good. Remember to feed daughters before 5:30 game as dinner will not be provided.

Freshman – All good.

Coaches – Girls looking really good at games and Pep Rallies and coaches are getting a lot of positive feedback. 93.3 will be at the 10/23 pep rally and game. This year’s Shutterfly account is up and photos have been uploaded. Contact Desiree Brown if you did not receive your invite email to join.

New Business:
* Jr. Jag game - 09/29 - mandatory for all cheerleaders
* Next Booster Club Meeting will be on Tuesday, October 4th.
*Homecoming Carnival 10/05 @ 4:30. Decided that we would not do the dunking booth and looking into other options
*Cheerleaders will be doing a meet/greet at Caines — 15% will be donated in our name toward breast cancer.
*Christmas Parade (12/10) theme is Candyland. We have a flatbed trailer but need everyone to come up with decoration ideas. Michelle Morris is collecting lights and candy decorations.
*Tax ID forms are only to be used if money is coming back through the Booster Club.

Meeting adjourned – at 7:54pm by President Kristin Belcher

Jaguar Spirit Booster Club Meeting – August 9, 2016

 

Meeting was called to order at 7:00pm by President Kristin Belcher.

Welcome – President Kristin Belcher reminded everyone that as things begin to get busy to stay connected and informed by regularly checking the calendar, Smore, texts and emails.

Acceptance of April Minutes – Minutes were reviewed and acceptance of the minutes was asked. 1st motion by Gina Brown, 2nd Kristie Pelham, minutes passed.

Treasurer – Lynne Fleming reviewed treasurer reports and requested to reduce budget by $4,000. Budget passed.

FundraisingJunior Jag (Leslie Dietrich) will be on September 17th. Jr. Jags will cheer at the September 29th game. Working on setting up a pay pal account for payment. Pomming (Kim Kerner) – seniors will set up/JV freshman will pick up on Saturdays. Auction (Michelle Morris/Kristie Pelham) will be held at Kwik Kar on October 29th. Forms/receipts to be given to donators are available. Sponsorships (Shelly Mungiguerra) – Roughly $20,000 has been collected. We will continue to accept donations (modify forms are available). These sponsors will only be listed on a banner that will be at tailgating/games, etc. Spirit Wear (Shelly Mungiguerra) – new tshirt was revealed - $25.00

Secretary Report – Lori passed team rosters around for review. Once the rosters have been updated, they will be distributed to booster members.

Varsity Update – All good.  Sign up sheet available for hosting Varsity team dinners (4 moms/dinner)

JV – All good. Information will be going out to collect money for game day meals (Jersey Mike’s).

Freshman – All good. Information will be going out to collect money for gam day meals (Jersey Mike’s).

Coaches – Work week has been going well. JV/Varsity working on pep rallies; freshman focusing on game day expectations. Coaches requesting each cheerleader bring a 24 case of water for game days; girls will bring their own snacks. Reminder that practice for Meet the Jag will be 09/18 @ 3-5pm and 09/19 @ 10-noon. Community Pep Rally is 09/19 6:30-7:30.

New Business – Website is going to be revamped. Next Booster meeting will be @ 7pm on September 13th.

­Meeting adjourned – at 7:59pm by President Kristin Belcher

 

 

Jaguar Spirit Booster Club Meeting – May 3, 2016

 

Meeting was called to order at 7:05pm by President Kristin Belcher.

Welcome – President Kristin Belcher introduced herself and provided a brief background. Discussed roles of the booster club (show up for kid’s games, serve on a committee and help our cheerleaders fundraise) and the coaches’ roles per their contract (coach the class, go to games, go to camp, go to UIL competition and plan pep rallies). Kristin asked that we please remember that the coaches do much more outside of their job description and often at their own expense and on their own time and away from their families. Briefly discussed that some of the old traditions would be reinstated.

­Acceptance of April Minutes – Minutes were reviewed and acceptance of the minutes was asked. 1st motion by Gina Brown, 2nd Kristie Pelham, minutes passed.

Administration – Mr. Holt announced that a By-Laws Review Committee (Perfecto Solis, Kristin Belcher and Kristie Pelham) had been formed, reviewed current by-laws and made recommended changes. A few of the recommended changes are as follows (for a complete list, please contact Kristin Belcher, President):

  • Executive Board be comprised of a President, 1st President, 2nd President (of Fundraising), Treasurer and Secretary; moving Hospitality and Spirit Wear to committee chairs.
  • President and all board officers are not a shared position.
  • 1/3 membership to establish a quorum.
  • Move meetings to second Tuesday of each month.

Motion called to pass changes. Shelly Mungiguerra 1st, Holly Rorick, 2nd, motion passed.

Treasurer – Lynne Fleming reviewed treasurer reports. A motion was called to carry over a balance from the banquet and amend the current budget. Michelle Morris 1st, Desiree Brown 2nd . Motion approved.

Fundraising – Shelly Mungiguerra discussed Megaphone Maniac sales (732 sold). Top Sellers – Varsity (Rorick, Baker & Pool); JV (Levee, Quinn & Vinten); Freshman (Furr, Kerner and Mungiguerra). Shelly briefly discussed sponsorship drive and reminded everyone that the deadline is June 15 and to contact her regarding open sponsors.

Varsity Update – Reminded that UIL forms and cheerleader Favorite Things are due, team pictures on May 17th, and there are still a few spots open for food for the Family Picnic.

JV – All good.

Freshman – All good.

Coaches – Discussed Camp (June 13-16) – to be held at McKamy Middle School. Schedule will be distributed before camp. Also briefly discussed Work Week (August 8-12). Coaches reminded to look at Smore for additional squad information. Email to come out with Team Picture detail.

New Business – There are still a few open committee spots – sponsorship; arts/crafts (purchasing supplies/assisting cheerleaders with special projects; auction committee; Pomming (need Varsity parent to lead) – will include all three squads; Santa Visits. It was recommended that Junior parents head the End of Year Banquet. Due to the large volume of volunteers, Senior parents on the Banquet Committee were asked to consider switching to another committee.

­Meeting adjourned – at 7:59pm by President Kristin Belcher

 

FMHS Cheer Booster Club Meeting March 1, 2016

 

Meeting was called to order at 7:05 PM by President Perfecto Solis.  

Acceptance of Dec Minutes – Quorum was not met. Minutes were reviewed and acceptance of the minutes was asked. 1st motion by Heather Kimmel 2nd Rachel Rutti, minutes passed.

Administration Report – Mr. Holt was not available.

Treasurer’s Report – Rachel Rutti discussed expense report.                                                                                   

Fundraising – Michelle Morris discussed Megaphone Maniacs and sponsorship letting everyone know that Shelly Mungiguerra will have all those forms ready to pass out to the next year’s Cheerleaders/Parents at the April meeting.           

Michelle Morris briefly discuss that at the April meeting the new executive board will be elected. If anyone is interested in running for a board position to please contact Gina Brown so she can put your name on the ballet.  Also, the positions are listed on the jaguar spirit website.

Hospitality Report -   Taryn Mayes – Nothing to report

Spirit Initiatives & Spirit Wear  - Heather Kimmel – Spirit wear shirts will be sold at the new cheerleader meeting in April.

Varsity Parent update –  N/A

JV Update – All good

Freshman Update -  All is good

Coach Report -  The Coaches were not at the meeting due to tryout week.

New Business – Open discussion with very good suggestions were discussed about pomming and fundraising moving forward for the reminder of the year and next year.

Next Booster Meeting -  April 5th,  2016

 

Meeting was Adjourned at -   7:46 pm by President Perfecto Solis

 

 

 

Sign Up For A Free Class!